- Rounded point or flat edge shovels
- 6 cubic foot cement mixer
- Vibratory plate for base rock compaction ONLY
- 36” roller (static position) for GraniteCrete compaction
- 8” or 10” hand-tamps
- Hose with spray nozzle
- Landscape and asphalt rake with flat edge
- Heavy lawn roller
- Medium bristled push broom
- (2) 6″-9″ wooden masonry float,
- (1) 6″-9″ steel float
Options for Mixing GraniteCrete with Decomposed Granite
There are three primary methods for mixing GraniteCrete with decomposed granite when installing GraniteCrete. The best method to use depends on the size of the installation.
Based on our experience, we recommend the following methods for the following installation sizes:
- For installations up to 500 square feet, we recommend mixing GraniteCrete and decomposed granite onsite using a portable concrete mixer, preferably with a fiberglass drum for easy cleaning.
- For installations ranging from 501 square feet to 4,000 square feet, we recommend the use of pre-mixed (and dry) decomposed granite and GraniteCrete admixture; pre-mixed material can be purchased from one of our retailers.The pre-mixed material will arrive DRY and will need water added for proper installation of GraniteCrete.
Or, the decomposed granite and GraniteCrete can be ordered UNmixed and delivered to the installation site, where a volumetric truck can be used to mix the decomposed granite, GraniteCrete, and water.
- For installations 4,000 square feet and larger, we recommend the use of a volumetric truck. A volumetric mixer has separate areas for decomposed granite, GraniteCrete admixture, and water. It is able to mix these materials together at the job site to produce GraniteCrete ready to install, saving valuable time.
Whatever the method, it is important the the GraniteCrete admixture and the decomposed granite be mixed evenly. For guidance on mixing or installing GraniteCrete, refer to our installation instructions, contact your retailer, or contact us.
We can recommend the following businesses below for rental of a volumetric truck.
Volumetric Concrete Trucks for Onsite Batching:
Northern and Central California:
- Always on Time Concrete – 4045 Martin Drive, San Mateo, CA 94403
Ursula del Valle – 650-430-9426 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Baumann Landscape Construction – 1255 Battery Street Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94111
Alex Dobbs – 415-447-4800 or email@example.com