As the year winds down and we turn our sights toward the one to come, we’d like to express our gratitude to the architects, installers, retailers, and customers who chose to include us in their projects this past year. We appreciate your support, and look forward to continuing to work with you in the future. Before we gear up for the new year, we’d like to take a moment to share a few highlights from 2021:
- We experienced record sales, up 50% from 2020.
- We doubled our retailer network by adding locations in Sacramento (Florin Perkins Landscape Materials,) three retailers with multiple locations in Southern California – all dry, pre-mix facilities! – (KRC Rock, Prime Building Materials, and Tri-State Materials,) and one in South Carolina (Coastal Carolina Hardscapes). We also expanded our presence within existing retailers; GraniteCrete is also now sold in all Graniterock and Peninsula Building Materials locations!
- Our Senior Account Manager, Dave Ventura, joined the board of the CLCA Central Coast chapter.
- We have made significant progress on our website rebuild. We now have more streamlined, searchable maps for our retail locations and recommended installers.
- A partnership with Noah Concrete has allowed installers access to volumetric trucks to make larger installations of GraniteCrete easier and faster.
GraniteCrete has also been fortunate to be a part of many exciting projects that put sustainability, durability and permeability first. Here, we recognize this year’s outstanding commercial and residential installations:
- Paradise Valley Estates: The pathways at this luxury retirement community in Fairview were beautifully designed by RHAA Landscape Architects and artfully installed by Brightview.
RHAA often specs GraniteCrete, stating:
“It is a good option when clients are looking for stabilized paving products with a natural look, durability, and the potential to be permeable.”
Newcastle: Amador Landscape & Design gave this residence new life by designing a landscape that flawlessly incorporates GraniteCrete into the walkway entrance, the driveway, and a pathway circling the house. The homeowner is thrilled with the final result.
“[The GraniteCrete] has totally transformed our property. It performed perfectly through our 100-year rain storm; I think we measured 11 inches during the storm and no water problems – which we have had in the past – because the GraniteCrete is so porous.”
-Laura Udall, homeowner
This year we are excited to recognize Graniterock as our top retailer for the second year in a row. The Graniterock Redwood City facility took top honors for a single location, almost double its closest competitor.
We are also thrilled to highlight two sales reps from our retailer network: Michael Doucette for the second year in a row was the top sales rep in revenue and volume. A special thank you to Michael for bringing us in on almost all of his sales involving GraniteCrete. This was a great choice – his closure rate was almost 100% for the year! Thank you Graniterock and Michael for a fantastic year!
A big shout-out to Howard Lasker at SBI Building Materials. Howard was runner-up in sales, and does a great job of promoting GraniteCrete. Most of Howard’s sales come from residential installs – while these are usually smaller installations, his tireless effort brings in a lot of projects. When needed, he brings us in to help close the deal. Plus, we love that he constantly gives us input on how we can improve our solution. Thank you SBI Materials and Howard for a great year!
We look forward to working with all of you next year.