As the year winds down and we turn our sights toward the one to come, we’d like to express our gratitude to the architects, installers, retailers, and customers who chose to include us in their projects this past year. We appreciate your support, and look forward to continuing to work with you in the future. Before we gear up for the new year, we’d like to take a moment to share a few highlights from 2020:
- We added three new retail locations: Bee Green Recycling and Supply in Alameda County, Custom Architectural Stone in Santa Barbara County, and California Building Material Supply in Tulare County.
- We worked with a growing group of installers on projects that saw over a quarter-million square feet of GraniteCrete installed.
- We explored permeable paving opportunities outside of California.
GraniteCrete has also been fortunate to be a part of many exciting projects that put sustainability, durability and permeability first. Here, we recognize this year’s outstanding commercial and residential installations:
- The new campus for a well-known tech company, AKA “The Camp”: Located in the Ardenwood district of Fremont, the surrounding landscape of this new “mega-campus” was designed by RHAA Landscape Architects and installed by Jensen Landscape Services (JLS). According to JLS Superintendent, Eduardo Vera:
“GraniteCrete was a good fit for this campus because it offers a natural look that blends well into the surrounding landscape. We created a campground area with the GraniteCrete being the main paving, and it really brings this section of the job together!”
- Corte Madera: The site of a former dairy, Dave Washer spent several months transforming this property in Corte Madera into something truly extraordinary. While he incorporated GraniteCrete in traditional ways – as paving for patios or stairs – he also used it as “grout” in between stones, and to create a more firm surface beneath a bed of mulch.
This year we would like to recognize Graniterock – Redwood City as our top retailer and Michael Doucette as our top retail salesperson. Graniterock has been a great partner over the years, and this year the Redwood City facility decided to become a pre-mix facility; the end result brought them six-digit sales for the year. We would like to give a special thank you to Michael for bringing us in on almost all of his sales involving GraniteCrete. This was a great choice, as his closure rate was almost 100% for the year. Thank you Graniterock and Michael for a fantastic year!